Search This Blog

Thursday 7 April 2011

Bali

Ten days in Bali rendered my bottom a little sore. Im over the ten squits a day bit of my run-in with gastro but still refilling my belly with friendly flora. I guess because of the lack of carbs in my system, Ive been craving bread. Today the sis and I had a classic ploughman's: A strong flour white loaf from Mondo's on Beaufort (is this the world's best bargain at $4 for a mega artisan loaf?), strong bitey cheese (tried Maffra but ended up with a neat little cheapy from IGA) (note to diary: expensive is not always best), Branston pickle, Normandy butter, pickled onions and a big mug of strong white tea. Heaven with a capital Heaven.

Damn. Forgot the whole point of this was to mention a place in Ubud where the man and I ate dinner one night. We asked our host up the road in Penestanan (10 mins out of Ubud) where he liked to eat. He said, a bit sheepishly because his boyfriend owns a cafe too, that the food at Bubu's on Penestanan Jalan was exquisite. He was so right. Palm frond salad with loads of garlic, Bali sambal, beautifullest vegetarian nasi campur ever with little bits of buttery tempeh in a light curry, and green long beans with coconut and garlic. Plus lots of Bintang. Cost? About 8 bucks for two.

No comments:

Post a Comment